Full-stack software developer and problem solver with over ten years of diverse professional experience that includes Agile development, application architecture, and infrastructure automation. Specialized in .NET back ends and Angular front ends with continuous cloud deployment but never one to shy away from the right solution.
Technical Lead, NVISIA – Milwaukee, WI2017 – Present
NVISIA provides software development consulting services.
Worked in small Agile teams on greenfield software projects and staff augmentation assignments with a focus on solutions using .NET Core, Angular, and Docker. Projects often prioritized testability, peer code reviews, and automated deploys to multiple environments. Experience with AWS, Azure, Entity Framework, Linux, microservices, and multiple CI/CD tools. Projects include:
- Fortune 500 Energy Utility: Integration with vendor IoT SOAP endpoints and development of internal data forwarding service for test environments. Ported other services from Java to C#.
- Statewide Credit Union: Member of five-developer full-stack Agile team that built an Angular / .NET Core loan submission web app using client’s new credit analysis vendor to provide real time approval decisioning. Worked with vendor and client staff to build out integrations for 14 loan types within deadlines. Worked with vendor to resolve vendor service regressions and specification discrepancies. Built RESTful API featuring Swagger documentation for front end team. Presented during code review sessions with client developers and regularly demoed back end features to client executives and stakeholders.
- Global Heavy Equipment Manufacturer: Initial NVISIA employee placed with client’s internationally distributed team of 7 B2B portal developers. Reduced SQL Server timeouts with index creation and query optimization. Wrote and presented team specific training on .NET Core, microservices, and Angular.
- Promoted from Software Engineer to Technical Lead role in Nov 2018.
Head of Technical Operations, Holland Group – Milwaukee, WI2010 – 2017
Holland Beauty is a wholesale and e-commerce retail company.
Led technology planning and infrastructure for four e-commerce sites, a WordPress Multisite Network, two warehouse inventory systems/hardware, and four SQL Server installations with SSRS reports.
- Migrated e-commerce sites to new platforms, including vendor evaluation, data conversion, and UI modifications.
- Developed a ShipStation custom store endpoint service with ASP.NET WebAPI targeting vendor API specifications.
- Built a touchscreen compatible web app for shipping that saved users 90+ minutes a day during peak months. Wrote front end with jQuery and Bootstrap, and built a Windows helper utility to provide web app direct access to USB scales and label printers. Wrote back end API to connect multiple commerce databases and shipping providers using C#, NHibernate, and EasyPost.
- Implemented and led customizations and bugfixes of Znode, a C# and ASP.NET based e-commerce platform. Oversaw development of a custom administration control panel to simplify customer service tasks.
- Developed a complex tool that analyzes individual line items for matching to permitted item combinations, flags quantity or combination errors, and creates shipping forms for fulfillment, reducing order creation process by several weeks.
Freelance Consultant2016 – 2017
Worked on infrastructure and websites for multiple clients. Projects include site optimizations and responsive design conversions.
Desktop Technician/C# Development, Elmbrook School DistrictSummer 2007, June 2008 – 2010
IT Support, Victory International Fellowship 2007
Web Technician, Elmbrook School DistrictSummer 2006
Combined 75 credits in programming and computer science from Carroll University and Waukesha County Technical College