Full-stack software developer and problem solver with over ten years of diverse professional experience that includes Agile development, application architecture, and infrastructure automation. Specialized in .NET back ends and Angular front ends with continuous cloud deployment but never one to shy away from the right solution.
Technology Strategist, Luminos Labs – Milwaukee, WISeptember 2022 – Present
Technology Director, Guardian Angel Devices – Brookfield, WIAugust 2021 – September 2022
Guardian Angel Devices is a product startup that manufactures and sells its own line of patented safety beacons.
E-Commerce, Gary Comer, Inc. – Waukesha, WIAugust 2021 – December 2021
E-commerce and technology strategy at GCI portfolio companies. Primarily responsible for technology at Guardian Angel Devices.
Solution Architect, Luminos Labs – Milwaukee, WIApril 2019 – August 2021
Luminos Labs is an enterprise CMS and e-Commerce solution implementer with offices in Europe and the United States.
Responsible for overall technical architecture, project planning, and project management for a variety of e-commerce replatforms and site enhancements using .NET Framework and the Episerver (Optimizely) DXP. Regularly presented proposed project architecture and portfolio of past work to sales prospects. Project highlights include:
- Heritage Landscape Supply Group – B2B website replatform for a national group of landscape supply distributors. Led on-site technical discovery, coordinated multiple client IT teams to connect internal data systems with website and cloud integration applications, and trained client technical teams on new platform development.
- Binny’s Beverage Depot – Retail website replatform for one of the largest chains of liquor stores in the midwest. Led technical discovery and project development efforts. Coordinated site launch with payment and data platform vendors.
- Crescent Electric Supply Company – B2B website replatform for a national, multi-brand electrical supplier. Led overall technical discovery and managed development for CMS implementation phase.
- Coastal Farm & Ranch – First e-commerce site for a chain of 20 outdoor supply stores. Responsible for shared library code for Order Management System (OMS) integration, used by data integration and e-commerce projects. Completed payment and tax integrations. Wrote CSV and API import jobs, including job management tooling and installer, to be used on-premise by client data teams.
Technical Lead, NVISIA – Milwaukee, WIOctober 2017 – April 2019
NVISIA provides software development consulting services.
Worked in small Agile teams on greenfield software projects and staff augmentation assignments with a focus on solutions using .NET Core, Angular, and Docker. Projects often prioritized testability, peer code reviews, and automated deploys to multiple environments. Experience with AWS, Azure, Entity Framework, Linux, microservices, and multiple CI/CD tools. Projects include:
- Fortune 500 Energy Utility: Integration with vendor IoT SOAP endpoints and development of internal data forwarding service for test environments. Ported other services from Java to C#.
- Statewide Credit Union: Member of five-developer full-stack Agile team that built an Angular / .NET Core loan submission web app using client’s new credit analysis vendor to provide real time approval decisioning. Worked with vendor and client staff to build out integrations for 14 loan types within deadlines. Worked with vendor to resolve vendor service regressions and specification discrepancies. Built RESTful API featuring Swagger documentation for front end team. Presented during code review sessions with client developers and regularly demoed back end features to client executives and stakeholders.
- Global Heavy Equipment Manufacturer: Initial NVISIA employee placed with client’s internationally distributed team of 7 B2B portal developers. Reduced SQL Server timeouts with index creation and query optimization. Wrote and presented team specific training on .NET Core, microservices, and Angular.
- Promoted from Software Engineer to Technical Lead role in Nov 2018.
Head of Technical Operations, Holland Group – Milwaukee, WI2010 – 2017
Holland Beauty is a wholesale and e-commerce retail company.
Led technology planning and infrastructure for four e-commerce sites, a WordPress Multisite Network, two warehouse inventory systems/hardware, and four SQL Server installations with SSRS reports.
- Migrated e-commerce sites to new platforms, including vendor evaluation, data conversion, and UI modifications.
- Developed a ShipStation custom store endpoint service with ASP.NET WebAPI targeting vendor API specifications.
- Built a touchscreen compatible web app for shipping that saved users 90+ minutes a day during peak months. Wrote front end with jQuery and Bootstrap, and built a Windows helper utility to provide web app direct access to USB scales and label printers. Wrote back end API to connect multiple commerce databases and shipping providers using C#, NHibernate, and EasyPost.
- Implemented and led customizations and bugfixes of Znode, a C# and ASP.NET based e-commerce platform. Oversaw development of a custom administration control panel to simplify customer service tasks.
- Developed a complex tool that analyzes individual line items for matching to permitted item combinations, flags quantity or combination errors, and creates shipping forms for fulfillment, reducing order creation process by several weeks.
Freelance Consultant2016 – 2017
Worked on infrastructure and websites for multiple clients. Projects include site optimizations and responsive design conversions.
Desktop Technician/C# Development, Elmbrook School DistrictSummer 2007, June 2008 – 2010
IT Support, Victory International Fellowship 2007
Web Technician, Elmbrook School DistrictSummer 2006
Combined 75 credits in programming and computer science from Carroll University and Waukesha County Technical College